Distance Education and Learning Technologies
You can access Blackboard from any computer with an Internet connection. Just log in as you would log in to your DSU email.
- Username: This is the same username that you use to access your student email account.
- Password: This is the same password that you use to access your student email account.
- I logged in but I have a course not showing or a course that needs to be removed.
The system will automatically update Blackboard with your courses from Banner. Any course changes in Banner should be automatically reflected on Blackboard within 24 hours.
- How do I register for an online class?
You register the same way you register for traditional classes — through Banner. Simply go to myDESU and log in. Once registered, your classes are automatically loaded onto Blackboard.
- Unable to log in?
For log-in assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 302.857.7028 or stop by their office located in the BOA Building, Room 313. For all other issues with Blackboard, please contact our office at blackboard [at] desu.edu or stop by our office in William C. Jason Library Suite 600 .
Blackboard has the Community Engagement Feature which makes organizations now available in Blackboard Learn. Organizations in Blackboard Learn contain content and tools to keep you informed and in touch with other members of your organization. An organization looks exactly like a course, including:
- A menu similar to the course menu
- A home page
- Tools similar to a course’s tools, like announcements and discussions
To request an organization in Blackboard, please complete the Request Organization in Blackboard form. Upon approval and completion, a confirmation email will be sent to the requestor with further information and details. For Student Organizations, the campus advisor MUST be the requestor and a leader in the organization.