Dr. Jerome Holland Statue & Brick Drive
During Homecoming Week 2018, the Dr. Jerome Holland Statue was dedicated, unveiling the first statue on Delaware State University's Main Campus. Dr. Holland — Delaware State College President from 1953-1960 — is credited with providing the critical leadership needed to navigate the College through one of the most difficult decade of its history. Dr. Holland’s leadership also brought about improvements at the College that ensured its survival and established a foundation for future presidents to build upon. To learn more about Dr. Holland and his impact on DSU, please read this article.
Dr. Jerome Holland Statue Campaign
The University is thrilled to announce the launch of Phase II of the Dr. Jerome Holland Statue Campaign to commemorate the life and legacy of this invaluable DSU leader. To support the Dr. Jerome Holland Scholarship Fund established in conjunction with the unveiling of the Dr. Jerome Holland Statue as well as statue maintenance, please complete and submit the form below.
Dr. Jerome HOLLAND Statue Brick Drive
Consider purchasing a brick paver that lines the walkway surrounding the Dr. Jerome Holland statue just steps away from the MLK Student Center and feature your name and/or a personal message.
THANK YOU, DONORS
We are sincerely grateful for the following donors, who helped kick-start the Dr. Jerome Holland Commemorative Statue Project. Thank you for your generous support.
- Bryant T. Bell
- Dolores W. Blakey
- Dr. Donald A. Blakey
- Halvin T. Blocksom
- The Honorable Stephanie T. Bolden
- Ned W. Brown, Jr.
- Geraldine E. Depp
- Phyllis Hayes-Dixon '62
- Chauncey Draine
- Robert Galento Draine, Sr.
- Marion E. Gibbs
- H. Allen Hamilton, Sr.
- Dr. Reba R. Hollingsworth
- Bertha C. Jason
- Irene S. Jones
- James F. & Mary J. Marshall
- Mary E. Monroe
- Carolyn C. Monson
- William L. & Vera C. Murray
- Ruth Neal-Dixon
- Dr. Robert L. Nixon
- Armelia L. Puckham
- Philip G. Sadler
- Mary M. Scott
- Nancy Stevens
- Jimmie & Tina Strong
- Peggy J. Swygert
- Richard L. Turner
- Sylvester E. Woolford
Dr. Jerome Holland Statue Committee
- Dr. Donald Blakey, Chair and Alumnus
- Dr. Vita T. Pickrum, Vice President, Division of Institutional Advancement (Co-chair)
- J.D. Bartlett, Associate Vice President, Capital Planning and Facilities Management
- Dolores W. Blakey, Alumna
- Ned W. Brown, Jr., Alumnus
- Robert Galento Draine, Sr. Alumnus
- H. Allen Hamilton, Sr. Alumnus
- Dr. Reba R. Hollingsworth, Alumna
- Carlos Holmes, Director, News Services
- Edward George Lorio, Retired Associate Professor of Art
- Philip Sadler, Alumnus
- Charity C. Shockley, Director, Grants Development and Management
- Dr. Bradley Skelcher, Retired Associate Provost
- Dr. U.S. Washington, Retired Dean