Individuals with Disabilities
At Delaware State University we want to ensure that all our graduates and guests taking part in any commencement activities have the ability to participate fully and equally. If you are a graduate or a guest with a disability and feel you will need an accommodation in order to have equal access in any commencement-related event or you have any disability-related questions, please contact the Center for Disability Resources (CDR) no later than May 2, 2023. The CDR can be reached via email at cdr [at] desu.edu or by phone at 302.857.7042.
Accommodative Measures Already in Place
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreting will be available for both the Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremonies.
- A limited number of seats will be reserved for guests utilizing this service. Guests may have 1 companion join them in this area. First come, first served no special tickets required.
- Real-Time Closed Captioning (CART) will be available.
- Drop-off areas for guests who need assistance walking longer distances will be available. Golf cart transport will be available from the parking area to the location of the Commencement Ceremony for these individuals.
- Wheelchair Access
- A dedicated area for wheelchair users will be provided with signage. Guests may have one companion join them in this area. First come, first served no special tickets required.